Recent Posts

19 April 2009

Agoraphobia Bites


I started to feel like
something was pushing me
down into the ground and I just freaked out.

So I grabbed the bairns and
said we've got to go home.
I felt like everything was just closing

in on me I thought I
was dying. I heard the
bairns in the garden playing in the snow

and I got angry with myself
and I thought I'm missing out on them.

So I slowly sidled
to the edge of the bed,
crawled on my hands and knees to the window

and looked out all wide-eyed.
One of the bairns looked up
and waved and said 'there's mam' I said 'hi son'

and shot back into bed.




The reported speech of Sue Curtis, 40, in the BBC article Woman Leaves House After 20 Years. I'll come clean and admit that I removed two words ('just' and 'and') to make the line lengths right - count those syllables! Submitted by Gabriel Smy.

1 comments:

Kat(i)e said...

This is one of my very favourites. Wow.